World Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 10th January to admire the language. The theme of this special day is to make Hindi a part of public opinion, which never means to leave the mother tongue. This special Hindi Diwas is also celebrated as the anniversary of the World Hindi Conference which was held for the first time in 1975.
History of World Hindi Diwas
The Hindi Day conference was organized on 10th January 1975, in the city of Nagpur, the state of Maharashtra. In this special event, 122 representatives from 30 countries were registered for participation. The Ministry of External Affairs initiated the tradition of celebrating Hindi Diwas in other nations in 2006 to promote this language all over the world.
Significance of World Hindi Day
The Hindi language got its name from the Persian term “Hind” which signifies “the land of Indus”. The Hindi language is spoken in several countries like Nepal, Pakistan, Mauritius, Guyana, and many more.
World HINDI Day and National Hindi Diwas
Though both of these occasions respect and admire the Hindi language their celebration dates are different.10th January is usually celebrated as National Hindi Day, on the other hand, National Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14th September.
Vishwa Hindi Diwas: Inspirational quotes
- “A nation is dumb without national language.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Hindi is the simplest source of our nation’s expression.” -Samitranandan Pant
- “If one script is required for all Indian languages, then it can be Devanagari only.” -Justice Krishnaswamy Iyer
- “Hindi is the soul of Indian culture.” -Kamalapati Tripathi
- “Our Nagari is the most scientific script in the world.” – Rahul Sankrityayan.
- “No one can stop the promotion and development of Hindi” -Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant
- “Hindi is not the language of any one state but is the most spoken language in the country” -William Carey
World Hindi Diwas Wishes
- Wishing you a very Happy World Hindi Day to you. Let us add more purpose to this day by promising ourselves to always stand for the honour of our mother tongue.
- Hindi is a beautiful language with easy words. Share the love for the language especially today. Happy World Hindi Day!
- The Hindustani Shan Hindi, identify Hindi as every Indian’s unique tradition of unity Hindi, every heart’s desire Hindi, Happy World Hindi Day.
- Till Hindi is not made the power of the poor, till then the country will not get freedom from poverty. Happy World Hindi Day!
- Please don’t be ashamed to speak Hindi Hearty greetings on Hindi Day to all of you, my friends. Happy World Hindi Day 2022.
- Since time immemorial, Hindi has been such a language that has not boycotted any words simply because it is foreign. Happy World Hindi Day 2022.
Normally Hindi Diwas is observed every year but the world Hindi conference is observed once every three years.