The Met Gala 2021 has experienced a red carpet elegance comeback with retribution from the appealing Marilyn Monroe encouraged gown worn by Billie Eilish to the melodramatic three in one Versace look worn by LilNasX. Despite the fact of some went full out for the campaigner event, others took a more pared-back style together with the likes of Justine Bieber and Hailey and their co-host Timothee Chalamet, who sported a tuxedo paired with sweatpants and Converse for this special occasion.
Here in this post, you will get to know about the year’s Met Gala theme to the event’s co-host and much more regarding this famous event known as Met gala 2022.
What is the Met Gala?
Many of you may not know about what is the Met Gala? So, this is usually prepared and supervised by Anna winter since 1995 and now this is one of the most popular and liked annual celebrations of fashion. This special event is considered as a fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, it has conventionally been scheduled to spot the opening of its annual fashion exhibition. Year by year this event went viral and raises eight-figure amounts in the 2019 edition which was almost $15million.
When did the Met Gala 2021 take place?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic last year the Met Gala was canceled, the Costume institute declared that the Met Gala will happen in two parts for 2021 and 2022. This years’ exhibition is called In America: A lexicon of Fashion, and will open on 18th September, while the Met Gala itself occurred on the night of 13th September
When is the Met Gala 2022, will it happen again?
- Yes, according to the report this year’s Met Gala event proclaimers the opening of the Costume Institute’s exhibit “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion,”
- while the second exhibit, In America: An Anthology of Fashion,” will start on 5th May 2022, with the Met Gala 2022 theme around it.
- The Met Gala 2022 will start from the first Monday in May again and till 2nd May 2022.
- This upcoming special exhibit will “feature women’s and men’s historic and modern dress dating from the 18th century to the current in monographs installed in select period rooms,” conferring to a declaration released by The Costume Institution.
- The museum proclaimed they would open the American Wing for the second exhibit, which will host around 550 guests, waiting for the government guidelines.
- With that explanation, it’s probable next year’s Met Gala will continue with the “American” fashion theme, but with a more significant and historic way along with a period-centric twist.
Who will be the host of Met Gala 2022?
The hosts this year will be Amanda Gorman, the 23-year-old US Presidential inaugural poet, Timothée Chalamet, 25-year-old Dune actor, Naomi Osaka, 23-year-old tennis champion and mental health activist, and Billie Eilish, the 19-year-old singer-songwriter. The honorary co-chairs for the gala will be Anna Wintour, Head of Instagram Adam Mosseri, and designer Tom Ford, who will probably be dressing numerous attending celebrities.
What is the Met Gala 2022 theme?
In the second part, In America: An Anthology of Fashion, Bolton will emphasize inclusivity in fashion. “Who gets to be American?” was an interrogation stood at Prabal Gurung’s spring/summer 2020 show, and it will be spoken at the Met Gala 2022, too.
How much is a ticket to the Met Gala?
If you are not on the list of Guests and want to secure a ticket for this special event then the single ticket price will cost you around $30,000 along with the table it will cost you almost $275,000.