Dia de Muertos or also known as Day of Dead is usually celebrated in Mexico, but on 1st November, Pokémon Go players around the globe will have to get the chance to rejoice. Pokémon Developer Niantic is hosting an in-game event, where players will be capable to get a free avatar item and get the opportunity to participate in a very special Collection Challenge. You will get the avatar item which is none other than a snazzy in-game t-shirt, which clearly meant to look like pecked paper. This exact Pokémon will be seeming in the wild during this event, and players might even encounter their Shiny variants, as well. The following Pokémon will be found during Dia de Muertos:
To capture these Pokémon, Niantic will be offering away a special event box, which will comprise 20 Poke Balls and one Incense. During the event time, players will be capable to get 2X catch Stardust, though license and Lure Modules will be valid for only 90 minutes. In addition to the Pokémon listed above, Alolan Marowak might also look through Incense or Lure encounters. Miserably, it doesn’t seem there will be any Special Research tasks for this upcoming event, but it should still be a fun one for trainers. This year the event first time will be held within all territories in this game.
Excitement is there but Pokémon Go players have to wait!
It’s definitely exciting and all the Pokémon Go players still have to wait for another week for this Dia de Muertos event to start, but there is still adequate time to enjoy the current Halloween-themed base festivities. Now players can encounter four Ghost-type Pokémon’s which are new to the Mobile game like Phantump, Gourgeist, Pumpkaboo, and Trevenant. In addition to these top-class new ghost-type Pokémon’s, players now can also encounter new themed variants for Pikachu, Drifblim, and Piplup, participate in Special Research tasks and purchase Halloween themed avatar stuff in the Game’s Store. Assumed how much content the Halloween event has contained, the smaller scale of the Dia de Muertos event might be a welcome sight for players!
Dia de Muertos Pokémon Go
- Lure Modules will last 90 minutes
- Incense will last 90 minutes
- 2x Catch Stardust
- +1 Bonus Transfer Candy (only in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Featured event Pokemon will be appearing even more often in the wild (only in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Featured event Pokemon will be attracted even more frequently to Incense (only in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Featured event Pokemon will be attracted even more frequently to Lure Modules (only in Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Collection Challenge featuring Shedinja, Poffin, and Incense
- Go Battle Day, 4x Stardust from win rewards
- Cubone, Sunkern, Murkrow, Houndour, Sableye, Roselia, Sunflora, Drifloon, and Yamask in the wild
- Cubone, Sunkern, Sunflora, Murkrow, Houndor, Sableye, Drifloon, Alolan Marowak, Yamask will be attracted to Incense and Lures
- Cubone, Sunkern, Roselia, Alolan Marowak will be available to encounter Field Research tasks
- Free Event Box with 20 PokeBall and an Incense
- Free Avatar T-shirt
This most fascinating Pokémon Go’s Dia de Muertos event will run from 1st November, Monday at 10 am local time through 2nd November at 8 pm local time. Are you ready for this amazing event which is popularly known as Dia de Muertos in Pokémon Go? Have you enjoyed the Halloween event so far? Let us know in the comment section thanks.
Also Read: Your path to the 2022 Pokémon GO World Championships