Step By Step How to Delete Cookies-Whenever you use any web browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari, it saves the information from the website in the form of cookies. The cookies can be both a blessing and a curse.
Blessing in the sense, as it saves your login credentials and other information, so the websites will remember what your preferences are. It can also keep track of all your items in the shopping cart or wishlist. This can make logging into the websites elementary since you don’t have to remember too many passwords.
But, it can be a curse at the same time because there is a privacy risk due to all the personal information it holds. Cookies save all your personal data that helps you in filling the forms on the websites. This personal information comprises your name, address, phone number, account login data and many more.
If you want to protect your privacy, then you can delete cookies. However, you will lose the stored passwords that you don’t remember.
This article provides you with step-by-step information on how to delete cookies. Let’s begin!
- 1 Deleting Cookies From The Android
Deleting Cookies From The Android
From The Chrome App
- On your Android smartphone, open the Chrome app.
- In the chrome app, at the top-right corner, you will see a three-dot icon. Press that icon.
- Select “history”. A dropdown menu will appear. In the menu, press the “clear browsing data” option.
- Now, choose the time range. You can also select the “all-time” option to delete everything saved until now in the browser.
- Two options will emerge on the screen. “Cookies and site data” and “cached images and files”. Bluetick both the boxes if you want or only tick the “cookies and site data” tab.
- In the final step, hit the “clear data” button to remove the cookies.
From The Firefox App
- Search for the three-bar menu icon on the top right corner of the Firefox app.
- There, look for the settings cogwheel and press the settings option for the menu.
- In the settings menu, there will be a “privacy and security” option.
- Choose the former option, and after that, select the “clear private data” tab.
- A complete list of what can be deleted will appear on the screen.
- From there, select “cookies and active logins”.
- At last, strike on the “clear data” option to delete all the cookies.
How To Delete Cookies From The Computer
From The Chrome App
- Open Chrome on your computer desktop.
- Click the More or three-dot icon visible on the top-right corner.
- Tap on the “more tools” button and “clear browsing data” option.
- Select the time range, and you can even select the “all-time” option.
- Now, tick the box in front of the option “cookies and other site data”.
- End the process by clicking on the “clear data” option.
From The Firefox App
- First, open firefox on your computer or Mac Computer.
- There you will see a menu bar(three parallel lines) on the upper right side. After pressing menu bar, click the “privacy” option.
- Straightaway select the “clear your recent history” tab.
- Check on the “cookies” box and then select the time frame. You can also press the “everything” option.
- Confirm your decision, then hit the “clear now” option.
From The Internet Explorer
- Press internet explorer on your windows.
- Look for the “tools” option in the menu. From there, press the “safety” tab.
- Now, strike the “delete browsing history” tab.
- Tick the checkbox against the “cookies and website data” tab.
- Confirm twice that you have selected the correct checkbox, then press the “delete” option to remove all the cookies.
How To Delete Cookies From The iPhone And iPad
In The Chrome App
- Open the Chrome app.
- At the bottom, tap on the “more” option.
- Press the “history” tab.
- In the “history” tab, you will see the “clear browsing data” option. Tap on that option.
- Blue tick the box against “cookies and site data.”
- At last, press “Clear browsing data” to delete everything.
In The Firefox App
- Open Firefox on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “menu bars” at the bottom right side.
- Press on “settings”.
- Navigate down to click on the”privacy” option.
- In the end, tap on the “clear private data” tab.
Also, Know About- How to Delete Discord Server
When you delete cookies, there are chances that your browser signs you out from your google account. Thus, sign in by updating your email address and phone number.
I hope that it’s now clear to you how to delete cookies.