To confrontation a probable outpouring in COVID-19 cases, the Centre recommended all states and Union territories to initiate the process of setting up rough-and-ready hospitals and to constitute special teams to monitor patients in home isolation.
In a special letter to all chief secretaries, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said it is authoritative to re-emphasize the implication of timely and immediate up-gradation of health organizations in all states and UTs. “This turns out to be all the more significant since with the unexpected upsurge in cases, we may start seeing a worrying health infrastructure,” he said.
In the meantime, the Haryana government shut down cinema halls, sports complexes, swimming pools, and entertainment parks in Gurugram, Faridabad, and three other districts. Government and private offices will function with 50% staff attendance, the government said. The shutdown limitation will endure in effect till 12th January.
- The high-pitched spike in Covid-19 cases transversely different cities non-stop on Saturday, with 6,347 fresh cases being reported in Mumbai, 2,716 in Delhi, 2,398 in Kolkata, 810 in Bengaluru, and 682 in Chennai.
- India’s Omicron score on Saturday reached 1,431 even as the country reported 22,775 new coronavirus cases and 406 deaths, Union Health Ministry’s data updated till 8 am stated. Active cases presently stand at 1,04,781 while the recovery rate currently is 98.32%.
- In one more progress, India on Saturday unlocked the registration for Covid-19 vaccines for children between the age of 15 to 18 years on the CoWin portal. “If the children are safe, then the future of the country is safe.
- I appeal to the family members to register the eligible children for vaccination, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said.
- When it comes to the new variant Omicron India recorded new cases on New Years Day around 161 freshly infected persons.
- Maharashtra remained on the top of the list and records around 460 Omicron-affected people.
- When it comes to Delhi 351 Omicron affected people are detected. Gujarat 136 and Rajasthan 121 cases and it’s growing rapidly.
- Ahmedabad has recorded 50 cases so far.
- In West Bengal and Odisha, each 1 person detected this new Omicron variant COVID case.
So now the Omicron variant is spotted in a total of 17 states and this is definitely a big worry for the Indian government to handle.