Thursday Atletico Madrid and Athletic Club will clash off at King Fahd Stadium in the Semi-Finals of the Spanish Super Cup 2021-2022. Check out the complete post to know about the match preview, information, predictions, and fan points in this post.
In the Semi-Finals of the 2021-22 Spanish Super Cup Atletico Madrid are all set to clash against Athletic Club on 20th January 2022, Thursday at King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Here you will discover everything there is to know about this Supercopa de España match, such as the preview, information, storylines, predictions, fan match points.
This will be their third Supercopa de España meeting. Unexpectedly, Atletico de Madrid is yet to victory in head-to-head clashes to this day, with Athletic Bilbao having celebrated a victory on one time so far, and the remaining match has finished in a draw.
Their most current Spanish Super Cup match was played on 1st November 1950, when the Basque side won securely 2-0 in the replay of the 1950-51 Final match. It promises to be an exciting clash as they encounter for the very first time in the rivalry in more than 70 years, this time in the 2021/2022 Supercopa de España semis.
Match Information in between Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM (ET)
Location: King Fahd Stadium, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club: Times by State in the US
ET: 2:00 PM
CT: 1:00 PM
MT: 12:00 PM
PT: 11:00 AM
Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club: Story Highlights
- Atletico Madrid are the runners-up of the Spanish Super Cup 2019-20
- Losing on penalties after a 0-0 draw at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
- The Colchoneros, who are two-time Supercopa de España winners, unsuccessful to succeed in the 2020-21 campaign.
- In the meantime, Athletic Club is the leading champion, having claimed the 2020-2021 title, thanks to a late 3-2 win against Barcelona after extra time at the La Cartuja in Seville.
- Los Leones can claim of winning three Supercopa de España trophies in their past.
- These opponents have extensive antiquity of clashes as their first one dates back to 8th May 1920 when Bilbao cruised past Atleti with a concluding result of 4-1 in the 1920/1921 Copa del Rey Final.
- Thanks to this thrilling clash, we will see which club will come to counter Real Madrid in the Grand Final.
Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club: Match Predictions Points
The prediction points are expected in favor of Atletico Madrid. FanDuel sees them as the complete favorites to enter the 2022 Spanish Super Cup Final, and they have given them -110 odds. Athletic Club, meanwhile, has +310 odds to cause a disappointment and secure a spot in the finale, while a tie would result in a +210 payout.
To get the latest updates on this match and the match result of this match keep visiting our website.