T-shirts… What would we do without them? They are a classic for a reason! On days you don’t know what to wear, if you’re like us, then you’ll throw on a tee. No matter your style, whether you’re into preppy dressing or you’re more laidback, a t-shirt will always be part of your wardrobe. It’s such a versatile piece! Nowadays, t-shirts come in all shapes, fabrics and designs – from more classic styles to an edgy band tee. Whatever your outfit dilemma is, we’re pretty sure you can solve it with a t-shirt.
The t-shirt has evolved over the last few decades, but it has never gone out of style. In fact, it has become more and more iconic. Let us guide you through the essential styles you’ll need in your everyday wardrobe.
Timeless styles you need
Now you know a bit more about the t-shirt, it’s time to discover which timeless styles you need to invest in. There are so many choices and so little time. That’s where we come in! We have narrowed it down to five – no need to thank us!
- Navy V-neck t-shirt: Navy t-shirts look great with lighter bottoms to show off the intensity of the shade. For navy V-neck t-shirts that look classic while injecting a bit of color and vibrance into your looks, visit Fresh Clean Threads.
- White crew neck t-shirt: A white crew neck t-shirt is a classic – just think James Dean! When you don’t know what to wear, a white t-shirt will be your wardrobe savior.
- Khaki henley t-shirt: Believe it or not, khaki is a timeless shade that looks incredible with neutrals. A henley t-shirt in the color will look striking, especially against a glowing tan.
- Black pocket t-shirt: A black pocket t-shirt is a perfect addition to your casual wardrobe. It adds a playful, streetwear vibe to your looks. Wear it with light-colored jeans for a contrasting look.
- Grey slim fit t-shirt: A slim fit t-shirt will be ultra-flattering, especially for those with more athletic figures. In grey, this t-shirt will change up from your normal t-shirts, all while remaining timeless.
T-shirts aren’t just in cotton, they come in all sorts of fabrics now to give more variety in your t-shirt collection.
- Cotton: Cotton is a classic, as most standard t-shirts are in cotton and require very little upkeep. Guys tend to gravitate to this fabric for this reason. Plus, it’s easier to care for, wash at 30°C max and you’re good to go!
- Cupro: This soft, silky fabric is so comfortable to wear and will feel amazing against your skin. This fabric will give a luxe touch to your outfits.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a more sustainable option, and has plenty of advantages. It absorbs the heat and will make you feel fine and fresh even when you’re working up a sweat.
- Rayon: Rayon is soft, breathable and comfortable. It absorbs any moisture and is derived from renewable raw materials, making it another more sustainable option.
T-shirts also come in all sorts of necklines to suit you and your outfits. Some are more classic than others, to spice up your wardrobe. We explain the necklines, so you can decide what you want more!
- Crew neck: A round neckline that is a must-have for any wardrobe. It will look good alone or layered under an overshirt.
- Henley-style neckline: This is a more unique style that brings a dressy vibe to the t-shirt. The buttoned-up neckline can be worn open to create a slight v-neckline, and will upgrade your outfits.
- V-necklines: V-necks do exactly as they say on the tin – they have a deeper v-neckline that will be ideal for layering. It’s also a great neckline to wear when showing off jewelry.
No excuses now – it’s time to clear out those well-loved t-shirts! Out with the old, in with the new! And fall in love with your wardrobe again!