Over what has been one of the most volatile periods in cryptocurrency’s history, Bitcoin has swung between all-time peaks and record-breaking declines in 2021. The ups and downs have been influenced by national crackdowns, nation-state adoption, condemnation from high-profile investors like Peter Schiff, and support from Elon Musk.
- We’ve gathered a group of specialists to hear their predictions and projections for the year ahead.
- Marcus Sotiriou, an analyst at GlobalBlock in the United Kingdom; Steve Ehrlich, CEO of cryptocurrency platform Voyager Digital; and Alexey Kirienko, CEO of investment firm EXANTE, are among them.
- Is there going to be another crypto winter?” In my perspective, there will not be another crypto winter as there was after 2017,” says Marcus Serious.
- This is because the fundamental difference between the market today and before is the presence of so many institutions in the field.
- “I believe the markets will see ups and downs next year, with the ups outnumbering the downs,” says Steve Ehrlich.
- My best judgment is that the next actual bear cycle will come later, most likely around 2023.
- While it’s tough to predict when the tide will flip, we believe it will happen around the beginning of Q2.
- So, here’s my forecast for bitcoin’s price: in 2022, bitcoin will reach and surpass $100,000.”What will be the best altcoin in 2022?
Hundreds of millions of regular investors have gained access to cryptocurrencies owing to services like PayPal. At the same time, the first Bitcoin ETF launched on the New York Stock Exchange attracted a new legion of professional traders. Or, like in 2013 and 2017, will it all come crumbling down, ushering in a crypto winter?
We’ve assembled a panel of experts to hear their predictions and forecasts for the following year. Marcus Sotiriou, an analyst at GlobalBlock in the United Kingdom; Steve Ehrlich, CEO of cryptocurrency platform Voyager Digital; and Alexey Kirienko, CEO of investment firm EXANTE, are among them.
Is there going to be another crypto winter?
“In my perspective, there will not be another crypto winter as there was after 2017,” says Marcus Serious.
This is because so many institutions in the area now are the crucial distinction between the market today and before. Companies like PayPal and Square have considerably improved retail access by providing crypto items to their consumers and institutions investing for their balance sheets.
This indicates a fundamentally altered market structure. The share of retail investors is smaller when the atmosphere is hostile, and they are more likely to panic and sell their investments.”
“I expect there will be ups and downs in the markets next year, with the ups outnumbering the downs,” Steve Ehrlich predicts. My best judgment is that the next actual bear cycle will come later, most likely around 2023. This time around, adoption is too far advanced, which may help to fend off and minimize downside volatility.”
“The early portions of 2022 may see cryptos struggle with concerns over the wider macroeconomic backdrop, with Covid-related uncertainty and inflation both being high and central banks undecided whether to be proactive in combating inflation or remain patient,” writes Alexey Kirienko.
Dip buyers will be anxious to take advantage of lower prices, as crypto prices have become cheaper in recent weeks, given the continued high demand for cryptos from both people and institutions. While it’s tough to predict when the tide will flip, we believe it will happen around the beginning of Q2.”
What will the price of bitcoin be in 2022?
“Rather than concentrating on bitcoin’s price one year out, I’m more interested in bitcoin’s price five to ten years out, where I can see Bitcoin topping $500,000 during that timeframe, however it wouldn’t surprise me to see bitcoin beyond $100,000 by the end of 2022,” MS says.
SE: “Bitcoin will be at a fork in the road next year.” Whether you like it or not, Bitcoin, the oldest and most well-known cryptocurrency, is the ‘face’ of crypto to the rest of the world.
When bitcoin reaches new highs, the crypto markets receive a lot of interest and price activity. So, here’s my forecast for Bitcoin ‘s price: in 2022, bitcoin will reach and surpass $100,000.”
What will be the best altcoin in 2022?
MS: “I believe Cosmos (ATOM) will be the best-performing layer one cryptocurrency in 2022, owing to its widespread acceptance by large assets like as Binance Chain, OKEx, Crypto.com, Terra (LUNA), Binance Chain (BNB), Crypto.com (CRO), OKEx Chain (OKEx), and Thorchain” (RUNE). Cosmos manages more than $175 billion in digital assets. In 2022, I believe the Cosmos ecosystem will continue to thrive, which will help the ATOM token gain value.”
Check Whyd for more news.